Christmas in Taiwan!

Merry Christmas! Yesterday marked my 7 month mark on my mission and today is my first Christmas here! I feel like I just got here yesterday. In Taiwan they don't really celebrate Christmas, but there are a few places with a couple Christmas lights up which is fun. We had an AWESOME Christmas party on Saturday night with all 3 wards together and it went super well. There were so many awesome members that invited their friends! They had me beat box at the very end of it which made them all go crazy haha. Last night a member had a big dinner at her house and then we all went caroling which was a ton of fun.


Elder Kelemen and I continue to see miracle after miracle together. This week we had 2 different exchanges one with the Zone Leaders and then one with the other Elders that live in our apartment with us. The Zone Leader I went with was Elder Shumway and he is amazing. He is finishing his mission in a few months and it was amazing to learn from him. We taught a young man from Indonesia, the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith's experience. And told him if he read the Book of Mormon and then prayed and asked God if it is true, he will answer. They day after he called us and told us that in a dream he saw a light and then a voice said "It is true". WHATTT. He set a baptismal date for January and I can't wait to see what happens with him!



My other exchange was with Elder Vincent, who is only one transfer younger than me on the mission. I knew him in the MTC so it was super fun to spend a day with him and teach a few lessons. 

This week we've been continuing to teach many people, including Shaun, Tina, and Rosie (the South African family). Rosie can't read because her eyes are too bad so we've been riding up to her house every other morning to read with her. They are such an adorable family with 2 little kids and I can't wait to see the blessings that the Gospel brings to them.

Fu DX's baptismal date is going to be pushed back a couple weeks but he is still doing well. Lin Ming Hong set a date but he will be transferred to another area's Elders soon. Bo Hong Yi also set a baptismal goal this week. 

A few of the new people we met and taught this week: Hong Ming Xian, Li Yi Cheng, Chen Yu Nong, Zhang Jia You, Zhu Geng Ting.

We continue to see more miracles and meet more people than I can say, but I know that God is guiding this work. Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts