Another super fun week! We had our "6-week Follow Up" with all of the new missionaries and their trainers and it was amazing to get to see my MTC District again! It was sweet to hear all their stories from the past several weeks and hear about all the different parts of Taiwan they're serving in!


We started meeting with a man named Gregory who is currently studying to be a Catholic Father! We've had two lessons with him so far and both times we had amazing conversations about religion. The main aspect that he differs from us on is that he believes the line of authority was never broken and was passed down through Peter and so there was no need of a restoration through Joseph Smith. He has said he believes the Book of Mormon is true, but hasn't seen how that means that Joseph Smith really is a prophet of God. After each meeting with him we've left so uplifted because of his amazing insights into life and religion, and we hope we can help him gain his own testimony of this Gospel.

We met with a 17 year old again that we met last week and near the end of our lesson we asked him why he's interested in meeting with us. He paused as he struggled to find words as to why, and then he said, "I don't know...you have...power". Throughout the first few weeks it was hard to really feel like a missionary because I had no idea what I was doing and couldn't speak the language at all. But over the past few weeks, I've really started to actually realize that I'm a missionary and am able to have the Holy Ghost testify through me. I get to testify of Christ everyday! How amazing is this calling!

One special experience that happened this week was on Thursday night. We got out of a lesson at 9:15 pm, so we had 15 minutes left until we could go back home. Elder Jorgensen and I prayed to know where to go for the last few minutes of the day and then he let me 'lead'. We started to ride down a main road near our house and for some reason I felt like we needed to turn down this small random road. About 100 yards later was a small convenience store and I saw a guy buying some snacks and felt as if I needed to talk to him. As he came out I struck up a conversation and a few minutes later he set up to meet with us for a time next week. This was extra special for me because it was the first time that I did my own contact from start to finish AND got a set up from it without any translation help from my companion. That night was the first time that I actually felt like a missionary and realized how amazing my opportunity here in Taiwan is.

Elder Smith(施長老)

Comments

Popular Posts