''If men come unto me...then I will make weak things become strong''

The final full week of my mission is over. The next few days are already fully planned and going to be busy. This Saturday I fly back to America. It 'll be a bitter sweet moment leaving Taiwan.

This was quite the week to finish off on because Elder Ballard visited our mission and had a special mission conference with all the missionaries in the entire Taipei mission. He focused a lot on the importance of being great teachers of the gospel, the importance of families, and the importance of having an appearance the represents the message we share. He was such a special opportunity to meet a member of the Quorum of Twelve Apostles. He is such a humble, humorous, loving man. 

After the conference with him, the entire mission walked over to a nearby monument that is famous here in Taiwan called the ''Chiang Kai-shek Memorial'' and took a few mission pictures. It was a nice opportunity to see all the missionaries in the mission and say bye to them.

This week we also finished transfers will President Peterson and sent them out. It has been an honor to work side by side with him the past few months. He is a very inspired man.

I've realized something on my mission. I was reading Ether 12:27 the other day and read ''If men come unto me (Jesus Christ)...then I will make weak things become strong''. It left me pondering what it means to ''come unto Christ'' and how we do so. I realized that me being willing to serve a mission was essentially coming unto Christ and saying, ''Here I am, do as you please''. Serving a mission has given Christ the opportunity to give me the experiences he knows I need to grow and become stronger. If I had not have been willing to serve a mission, it would have been much harder to Christ to give me the opportunities that He knows I need to learn and grow. I know that as we obey the commandments we come unto Christ, and give Him the opportunity to give us the experiences we need to reach our full potential.

Elder Daniel Joseph Smith 施德臻長老

Comments

Popular Posts