Don’t blink...

I can’t believe this upcoming week is the last full week of my mission. Working in the office has kept things very very busy, so I haven’t had time to think about the fact that things are actually coming to an end. Bitter sweet.


Last P-Day I visited ZhuBei, one of my old areas. ZhuBei is where I spent the most time of my mission...5 transfers. During my time there I was able to make some of my best friends in the world. It is amazing the relationships we can build in the Gospel. The members down there put together a big potluck for us. There were a ton of people there, including many of the Recent Converts I had the blessing of finding, teaching, and baptizing while I was there.

The week was full with visiting meetings throughout the mission, reporting, following up with different companionships, teaching lessons, and also a baptism on Saturday! The Lord has blessed us so much in this area to see so many miracles. Eva 莊欣語 was baptized on Saturday night. It was a very spiritual service and a great testimony building experience for Eva. It made for a very special last baptismal service of my mission.

Saturday morning I had the most special opportunity to go to the temple and help Bryan, a recent convert from ZhuBei, receive his endowment for the first time. Words cannot describe the feeling it brings to meet someone who is a non-member, and then be the one to take them through the temple to do their endowment for the first time. It was fun to spend the morning and afternoon with him and a few other old friends. It’s having experiences like these that continually remind me the importance and blessings of this work. 

Elder Smith 施長老

Comments

Popular Posts