Let's Get Down To Business

Another great week at the MTC! We got 3 new districts this week, 28 new missionaries! It's an amazing feeling to not be the youngest district, it makes us feel so old and so wise. It's cool to see how far we've come from our own first week! 

The teaching and language continues to pick up every week. We now have 4 different investigators we're teaching throughout the week. All of our time is spent either studying the language, the scriptures, or preparing lessons! We had TRC again this past Saturday (this is when we teach actual members from the outside world) and my companion and I happened to teach the same two women we taught last week! Our language and lesson was much better and they were surprised by how much we improved. They're moving back to China next week and they gave us their emails to to keep them updated on our mission! They were sooo sweet and patient with our bad our Chinese was haha. 

We had to say bye to our first and favorite teacher this week as he moved to California with his wife. We learned so much from him and I hope I can be half the missionary he was. Class isn't the same without him!

I had the special opportunity to sing in sacrament meeting this week! I sang "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing". It's scary to think that in about 5 weeks I'll only be singing in Chinese... I also had the chance to bless the sacrament in all Chinese! It's terrifying because if you mess up a single tone on a single word a lot of times they make you redo the whole thing!

The Sunday night devotional yesterday was given by Donny Osmond! I was surprised that only about 40% of the missionaries knew who he was! But then a few minutes into his talk he sang the beginning of "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan. After that, EVERYONE exploded with cheers. It was hilarious. At the very end of his talk he also performed a special musical number for us of a song he wrote for his children called, "Whenever You're in Trouble". I always grew up loving Donny Osmond's music so it was super fun to hear him sing. 

The MTC is amazing and it gets me more excited for Taiwan everyday. Wo zhi dao Yesu Jidu de du yin shi zhen shi de. Tou guo mei tian qi dao he kan jing wen wo men ke yi shou dao hui da. Wo xiang xin Tian fu ai suo you Ta de hai zi. Wo ai wo de jia ting. 

Elder Smith (Shi Zhang Lao)

Comments

Popular Posts