New MTC Building

Another amazing week at the MTC! We're just about 2 weeks through, which means we have 7 weeks left here. I'm trying not to think about the time because it's best to focus on the work, but it feels as if I got here yesterday! The days fly by and before I know it the week is over! 

This week my companion, Elder Otani, and I were able to commit our first investigator (Huang di xiong) to baptism! There was a huge debate within our District as to whether or not he was a fake investigator or actual investigator. It was hilarious because during each lesson each companionship would try to look for hints as to whether or not he was a member... The debate went on nearly the whole week and our teacher kept telling us he was an actual investigator and one of his friends. His reasons were very convincing. A couple days ago, however, we're told we're getting a new teacher...and it turns out it was our first investigator! It was funny to tell him all of our stories about reasons why we thought he was a member or not. 


The language has continued to come along, however I feel as if I've sort of hit a barrier. I learned so much the first week and now it feels like I haven't been able to expand my vocabulary at all this week. It's comforting to know that I still have 7 more weeks here to continue to learn more. I've also come to realize that it doesn't matter how good or bad my Chinese is, what matters is that I'm teaching with love, the spirit, and an eye single to the glory of God. We were able to memorize the Missionary Purpose in Chinese as a District this last week, and our goal for this week is to memorize the First Vision.

We get to move into the new MTC buildings today!! It is indescribable how amazing they are. The art work throughout the building is stunning. Our current classroom feels like a dungeon. We're on the bottom floor and the classrooms are tiny. Our desks have barely enough space for our Book of Mormon, let alone all of our language materials. However, in the new buildings the classrooms are at least 3 times the size and we have actual tables to work on. The buildings are 6 stories tall and my District is on the VERY top floor! We have an amazing view of the Y-Mountain, BYU campus, and the temple. Whenever you are in the new buildings it seems like a stress tumor is slowly dissolving off of your brain...it's definitely a special change from our old classrooms.

Our District and Zone have grown closer and closer each day. Each night I would do pull-ups, push-ups and sit-ups and now we have a group of 7 or 8 Elders doing it together every night! The MTC is the best experience I've ever had and I know I'll miss it once I'm out in the field, so I'm trying to soak up as much of it as I can right now.

Elder Smith (Shi Zhang Lao)

Comments

Popular Posts