Power Week!

Our P-Day is on Wednesday this week because we have temple day today! All the missionaries get to go up to Taipei and attend the temple. The missionaries call it "Power Week" because we have over a week without a P-Day. 

We had a few open afternoons with not much going on so we decided to take some time and explore the more rural parts of our area. Turns out there are a TON of farms and huge open spaces with basically nothing else haha. It was fun to get out of the city for a little while though.

Last week went very well and we found 5 new investigators to teach along with all of our current investigators. We've been very busy but it's made the days fly by so fast. Some of the new people we found and taught last week were: Mrs. Ye and her two children, Wang Guo Cai, Liao Jia Wei (works at a phone case store), and Bruce Chen (19 year old who works as a house designer). 

Bruce was an amazing miracle. We were about to head back to our Chapel to eat lunch and we saw him walking a little ways ahead of us. I was going to just head back to the Chapel but for some reason I felt like I had to talk to him.
Long story short, he set up later that day for a Chapel Tour and then we met with him the next day after week, ate dinner with him the day after that, he came to church on Sunday, and then we met with him the following Monday as well. He works as a house designer for his dad's company and he leaves for Military Service in about a week. He will be gone for 4 months but then will be back. He is smart, kind, and very humble. When he comes back from Military Service I most likely will not still be in the area but I will for sure continue to keep in contact with him. He's already made me promise I'll come back to Taiwan and stay at his house for a few days. 

We met with all of our progressing families right now and it's been so fun. It's so much harder to teach families than individuals. There's so much more going on and the little kids make it hard to always stay focused haha. It's a very special experience to see the change this Gospel brings families. It always reminds me of experinces I've had in my own family. I'm so very thankful for all the my parents have done in raising me a my brothers. This Gospel is not just for individuals, but ESPECIALLY for families.

Oh...and our apartment flooded this week...took about 3 hours to clean it all up haha. Someone left the water dispenser on...

Elder Smith 施德臻長老

Comments

Popular Posts