Transfer calls

A lot was packed into this week. First off, transfer calls came out last night. President Peterson called me right before they were sent out to the mission and told me I'd be joining him in Taipei 台北 as his Assistant. That means I'll finish my mission in the Mission Office. I'll leave a day before the typical moving day to get up to the Mission Office in time to pick up the new missionaries from the airport who are coming in this transfer. It's going to be a big change from the rural area I'm in now, but I'm excited. 

This week we went on a hike with our ward and then had a fun sports activity afterwards! It was sort of a competition of different relays between our ward and the HuaLian 花蓮 3rd ward. The most fun one was tug of war between the two wards! We also had our landlord take us on another hike this week along with treating us to some famous sushi and beef noodles. Last P-Day we went to a Taiwan Aboriginal 原住民 village! There was a hut in the middle of nowhere and they sold hand-made aboriginal knives! Such a fun week!

A sweet miracle happened this week! A less-active member who we have been working with the pat few months has a wife and two kids that are not members. This week...THE WHOLE FAMILY CAME TO CHURCH! And even better...it was the wife that told the husband she wants to go! It was fast Sunday and they both got up and bore their testimonies. The wife had been reading the Book of Mormon while her husband was out of the house. She said she's felt that it is true and decided it's time to join the church. Such an amazing miracle.

The best part of the week was that Brother Yang 楊 and Pearl BOTH passed their baptismal interviews and are getting baptized tomorrow! They both took huge leaps of faith this week. If you asked my last P-Day if either of them would be baptized this week, I wouldn't have thought it'd be possible. The Lord definitely works with everyone in their own time, in their own language, and through personal experiences specifically designed for them. 

Time flies. I can't believe I'm going into my last couple transfers this week.

Elder Smith 

Comments

Popular Posts