Farmer Dan

Had a super fun week. The best part is that we were invited to do some service this week! We went up into the middle of nowhere to help a small community with polluted water, plant some special flowers that naturally purify the water. One of the farmers gave me their rice patty hat to keep...he is officially my favorite person ever. It was amazing to get out of the city for a while and do some nice farm work.


Another fun thing that happened this week is that we were up in Hukou, about a 40 minute bike ride away from our house. And my bike tire popped. Long story short we called our investigator family (Shaun, Tina, and Rosie) for help and ran about 2 miles to their house and then they tied our bikes to the top of their small car with a rope. They drove us home. We drove home with the dad bumping some loud music while yelling expletives and their two little kids dancing in the back seat with us. It was one of the most fun nights of my mission haha.

Tina and Rosie are still wanting to be baptized and now are working on obeying the commandments to prepare for baptism. Right now their date is the 24th but we will most likely move it back a few weeks. The dad is still not sure about baptism but he is making big strives. He told us this week that he is pretty sure the Book of Mormon is true. Slowly but surely he'll come around!

We also met with Mr. Zheng this week. We had a great lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the spirit was very strong. The next step is we're working on helping him develop a habit of reading and praying everyday. Another awesome this week with with Zhen Dong. He asked us if he can be baptized tomorrow but we explained how he needs to prepare for it before hand. We set goals on everything we need to share with him and everything he needs to do and set a date with him for 4/14.  

I had the chances to go on exchanges with Elder Triplett and Swesen again this week which was a great time. The best exchange I got to go on though was with Elder Conover. When I first got to Taiwan, he was my first exchange that I ever went on. At that time he was my Zone Leader and I was only a 2 week old missionary. After that exchange he went to be an Assistant to the President for a few transfers and now is back in my District until the end of his mission. My first exchange of my mission he was leading me out and now his last exchange of his mission I'm was the one leading him out on the exchange. It was amazing to have some time to talk with him and here some of his experiences he's had the last 2 years.

Elder Smith 施德臻長老

Comments

Popular Posts