Highway 20 Ride

This week was super busy! I am most likely moving this upcoming week to a new area with transfers coming up, so I got to pull the "I'm moving so meet with us" card on all our investigators haha. We also found out a couple days ago that all the new missionaries that were supposed to get to the mission this next transfer all got visa waited in America! So we'll see where I go instead of training this next transfer.

Bryan continues to do amazing. We taught him the Plan of Salvation this week and he said, "This is my favorite lesson! It makes me so happy!" Its amazing to see people just eat up this doctrine and receive some much joy and peace from it's truth! He also found some "Tang" (that orange powered drink!! So good!!) from a small Phillopino store that no one knows where it is! It made my week!


Mob is a pass off investigator that we found and gave to the Elders in the 3rd ward. This week he set a baptismal date and is doing so well! It's amazing to see the light and change in his eyes and countenance!

We visited the Wei family this week and I said bye for the last time. Their mom made me this little key chain thing that says "Dan Smith" on it and I told the 17 year old twins that they need to come hang out in America with me one day. I'll miss this family so much. I gave them one request as I was leaving and it was to let my companion Elder Bates and his next companion finish teaching them everything about our church and just try it out. Try coming to church, try reading and praying...and just see what blessings it brings. They agreed and I hope in the future they all get baptized and can be sealed in the temple!

Edison is having a tough time reading the Book of Mormon  but has been to church every week for a while now.

We helped Betty move this week and it was very fun. We hope we can help her get in contact with the missionaries on Taipei.

We met with Shaun Tina and Rosie this week and I said goodbye to them. We gave them a picture of Jesus Christ and it was probably the first calm lesson we had with them haha. Shaun did not ask any debating questions this time haha. We read in the Book of Mormon about Jesus Christ's atonement and talked about his power. If I move this upcoming week it'll be very sad to leave this family as I've been teaching them for the past nearly 5 months, but I hope they will continue to learn and develop their testimonies of The Book of Mormon.

To end on a funny note...long story short Elder Bates and I rode on the highway this past week...that had no shoulder at all. We rode on it for about 20 minutes and thought we were going to die, but then about halfway into the ride a school bus pulled up behind us and then trailed us the whole time to protect us from any cars behind us! It was super nice of him and as they drove by us afterwards all the kids in the bus cheered and waved out the window. Fun experience!

Elder Smith 施德臻長老

Comments

Popular Posts