7 months later...Last week in ZhuBei

Transfer week! I'm finishing up both training and my 5th transfer in ZhuBei. Transfer calls just came in and I'll be moving back up to Taibei to be Zone Leader. I'll be in the 景美 "JingMei" area and with Elder Ehinger. It's going to be super awesome because I've already met him before, and even been on an exchange with him! It'll be a blast being a Zone Leader with him.

June got confirmed this week! He also passed his interview for the priesthood, so he'll be able to receive the priesthood next week. I'm sad I won't be here to see him pass the sacrament.

Church went very well this week. We were able to get 13 investigators, our RCs, and a few LA's to church. It helped that it was my last Sunday though haha. I told everyone to come for my last Sunday, and it worked! It was awesome to see the look on the member's faces as we brought more and more investigators in.

Chen Pei Ru is doing awesome, and finally admitted she's starting to feel something. I know she'll receive her answer, as she as she lets herself receive it. She just needs her own time.

Jopay told us this week she is ready to be baptized. We gave her a goal for August 4th. She needs time to come to church because of her work schedule, but she'll make it for sure.

It's tough to leave Huang Xiao Ting, but she's doing well. She continues to come to church every week and read the Book of Mormon everyday. We are still just waiting on her husband to allow her to be baptized.

Chris (Fan DX) left for Japan this week and will be gone for about 2 weeks. We'll be video chatting him while he's there for lessons, though. He set a baptismal goal this week for August 4th.


It's been a week filled with some tough goodbyes. I've met so many people while I've had the blessing of living here for 5 transfers. I counted it yesterday, and since I've been in ZhuBei I've been blessed with 137 new investigators in my time here. I can't express all I've learned and how much I've grown. I know the Lord is guiding the life of everyone of his children. He gives us experiences specifically designed to our talents, abilities, and potential. I know all I am is because of Him.

Elder Smith 施德臻長老

Comments

Popular Posts