The Big 3

This may have been one of the best weeks of my mission. There's too much to say so I'll try to be brief hit the big events.

8 new investigators, 7 investigators at church, 1 baptism. 

This week I got to see recent convert Bryan pass the sacrament for his first time and then also baptize our newest convert, June, after church. Our other recent covert, Brother Ross, received the priesthood this week. 

I was sitting in 3rd hour of church and "The Big 3" (Bryan, Ross, June) were all sitting side by side in their newly bought church attire. Words can't describe the feelings of joy it gave me. To have the privilege to be the Lord's tool in helping these amazing children of God change their lives for the better and begin on the path of following Christ has been such a special blessing. 

We had our last zone conference with President Jergensen this last week. We will be getting a new Mission President at the end of this transfer. It's going to be a big change with a lot of old missionaries going home and a lot of new missionaries coming in for the summer rush as well.
 
A few fun stories from the week: My companion and I were riding home on a rainy night and we were riding on the sidewalk in front of our house and then took the last turn before the parking lot...and we both wipped out terribly on the last turn because of how wet the sidewalk tile was. The funny part is that there was a person just standing there on the corner of the street as well and my companion and I both jumped up instantly and started contacting the guy. The first words I said were, "我到了" which means "I'm here!". We got his number and a return appointment haha.

Last night we had the chance to help a former investigator family (Shuan and Tina) move to a new home. It was super fun because there was no space in the truck cab so we rode in the bed of the truck with all the stuff we were moving. It was super fun, hot, and sweaty...and we may or may not have gotten home half and hour past curfew...It's a long story but it was fun!

This upcoming week is the last full week of the transfer. Which also means I'll be finishing training and most likely moving somewhere new next week.

Elder Smith 施德臻長老

Comments

Popular Posts