Brother June goes to the temple for his first time!

We'll start off this week with the highlight! I had the sacred experience to go with a recent convert from my last area to the temple for his first time. His name is June. He came with several members from my previous area. It was an amazing experience for many reasons. I got to see a ton of old friends, and also June was able to be proxy baptized for his father. June is about 27 years old and his father passed away when he was about 5 years old. He's grown up raising and caring for himself and his siblings, as his mother has worked multiple jobs to provide for June and his siblings. It was a very special moment when he was baptized for his father. Another reason why this was so special is because another recent convert from my last area, Bryan, also came to the temple and performed the baptism for June. Afterwards June baptized Bryan for his proxy baptisms. It was so special to see two men who I had the blessing of helping prepare for baptism, in the temple together.

This week we also had the chance to go to the temple for a session. As missionaries we only get to do this once every roughly 3 months. The difference is that this time I did the full session in Chinese...So fun! 

My companion gave a talk at church on Sunday and so we used it as a way to invite our investigators to church. As a result we were able to get many investigators there, along with a few that have never been before, including our Catholic investigator, Steve! Big blessings from the Lord.

Allred set a baptismal goal this week! Super excited to see his progress. I forgot to mention this in my last email, but the place all the fun pictures were from was a place called Tamsui 「淡水」. It's on the northern coast of Taiwan.

The thing I'm excited most for is tomorrow!! I get to go on exchanges with my trainer!! The way this ended up happening is that he is the current AP (assistant to the President) and I'm a Zone Leader. The AP goes on exchanges with all the Zone Leaders. This is his last transfer of his mission and it just so happens that I became Zone Leader in time to serve with him one last time before he finishes his mission! 

Elder Smith 施長老

Comments

Popular Posts