Transferred!

Super sad this week to have left my last area JingMei 景美, but I'm so excited for my next area! I got my transfer call to the HuaLian 花蓮 1st Ward! It's one of the more rural areas in Taiwan and it's on the East Coast! I'm super excited for a chance to be on the East Coast before I finish my mission. I've heard it's gorgeous, and the few days I've had here already have proven that to be true.


The last few days in JingMei 景美 were amazing. Aubreigh came to church for the first time...And the best part is that she brought her whole family!!! Her husband and son both came and seemed to enjoy it! They are also attending a baptismal service this upcoming week so that they can know what baptism is like. I'm so sad to leave the area with all the amazing people we've had the privilege of teaching. 

Monday we had a MTC reunion and went to WuLai 烏來 together with all the missionaries that were in the MTC with me because out Sisters returned home this last week. It was fun to see everyone and how they've grown over the past year and a half.

Tuesday we decided to have Zone Council to congratulate everyone on a transfer of 12 baptisms in the South Zone! We had Christmas music, pancakes, and a video*(posted on Facebook) Elder Otani and I prepared with the baptismal pictures of all of our missionaries and then videos of the 12 people who were baptized this month introducing themselves and how the missionaries found them. It was a great way to end the transfer!

Tuesday night we had a super fun caroling activity at the local super market and had a ton of members and missionaries from 5 different wards there. It was a blast and made me super pumped for Christmas!!

My new companion is Elder Fang 方. He is my first Taiwanese companion and it's already been a blast these past few days! He's going into his 3rd transfer. After serving in Taipei for so long, it's weird to go to a rural area with no high rise buildings in sight. The work is a lot different on the East Coast. Our ward only has about 20 people that attend and there's almost no one on the street. All the work basically comes through knocking and member work. I'm so excited. We've already seen so many miracles these past few days.
 

Elder Smith 施長老

Comments

Popular Posts